This post is going to talk about clearing chakras with the calming energy of Moonstone.
I am fascinated with the calming energy of Moonstone and the ability it has to clear and open the Seven Main Chakras. My office is filled with Moonstone jewelry that I sell in my eBay store, and it’s a very comforting and calming place for me. There could be a correlation between the two!
I’ve been selling jewelry for almost forty years, and I’ve learned a little here and there about the properties of Moonstone and other stones, but there’s so much to learn. When I had my brick and mortar store, my mind was full of business stuff, so my retention skills were limited. Now that I work from home and have more time to focus on my interests, I decided to do some research in regard to the healing energies of Moonstone and the relation to the Seven Main Chakras, the energy centers along our spine through which energy flows.
Calming – One of the most important qualities for the emotions
Inner Growth – Maturing and learning new things
Strength – A feeling within of your own power
Balance – Connects with the spirits and energies of Nature, earth and galactic
Healing – Deflects negativity and eases emotional trauma
Intuition – To know when to accept the universe’s gifts as what we need, but not necessarily what we want
Psychic Protection – Clears the mind and senses, aiding in calm sleep and lucid dreams
Moonstone is associated with the moon’s emotional energy, aiding the transition through the phases of life with optimism. I think of myself as a positive person and an optimist, but a little extra boost in that area of life can only bring me a more positive attitude!
Moonstone and Chakras
When Moonstone is placed on each Chakra, it brings balance and harmony, as well as removing negative energy. I researched to find out how the Chakras each can be affected by Moonstone and here’s what I found:
1) Root Chakra is found at the base of the spine near the tailbone and relates to feeling grounded and secure.
- Moonstone will help in grounding ourselves
2) Sacral Chakra is in the lower abdomen, just below the navel, relating to our well-being, pleasures and passions.
- Moonstone is a stone for lovers, in that it symbolizes passion
- Moonstone enhances creativity
- Moonstone is associated with the feminine side, and for women it works with their feminine power, balancing the hormonal system, easing menstrual problems, and enhancing fertility
- Moonstone aids a woman’s clairvoyant capabilities
- For men, Moonstone helps them to become more in-tune with their feminine side and it stimulates the right side of the brain for emotional balance
- Moonstone helps bring emotions into control
- Moonstone treats digestive disorders
- Moonstone eliminates toxins from the body
- Moonstone aids in assimilating nutrients in the body
3) Solar Plexus Chakra is in the upper abdomen and is our control center, in charge of taking control of our lives and self-esteem.
- Moonstone will aid in containing explosive passions
- Moonstone stimulates confidence and composure
- Moonstone is a stone for general overall well being
4) Heart Chakra is in the center of the chest above the heart. It controls our ability to love, have joy, and inner peace.
- Moonstone helps to balance the Heart Chakra with the Third Eye Chakra
- Moonstone helps gain emotional balance and gracefulness
- Moonstone assists in realizing what the heart wants may not be exactly what the heart needs
5) Throat Chakra is, of course, in the throat and aids in communication and expressing our feelings.
- Moonstone aids in thinking fluently to express our feelings
- Moonstone helps to speak the truth with a sense of security
6) Third Eye Chakra is in the forehead between our eyes and it gives us the ability to think and make decisions.
- Moonstone aids in achieving a balance between the heart and the mind without losing the compassion needed to keep emotions in check
- Moonstone helps to balance the higher and lower selves
- Moonstone helps in trusting inner guidance
- Moonstone helps to keep us focused on our life path
7) Crown Chakra is on the top of our heads and our portal to the expansive universe beyond, controlling how we think and respond to our surrounding world. Pure bliss comes from this Chakra.
- Moonstone is primarily related to the spiritual center
- Moonstone brings a oneness with God
- Moonstone connects us to peace and wisdom
- Moonstone aids in keeping our energies in balance and harmony
- Moonstone helps us see things as they are
- Moonstone helps us to not be upset with setbacks, knowing that they are a part of life
To read more about the ways to heal the chakras go to “The 7 chakras for Beginners” and the website Finer Minds gives suggestions on yoga moves that will aid blocked Chakras. Another helpful site for learning more about Moonstone, go to Crystal Vaults.
Where to Find Moonstone Jewelry
I have found a wonderful source for beautiful and affordable Moonstone Jewelry, and I’ve added many pieces over the past few years to my eBay store. It’s such a beautiful stone that I have a hard time holding back from purchasing everything I see. I carry rings, earrings, pendants, and bracelets. I carry a lot of different stones and plan to research their healing properties and continue blogging about the treasures I find and the many uses of these precious beauties.